Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Kindle for the love of books


I love to read. And this has changed that forever.

As a lover of reading I was thinking about buying a kindle. I had a few issues that I thought were a problem. One, how would I find the books I wanted? And would I actually use it.
The truth, since my girlfriend surprised me and bought me one is yes. It is simply amazing. 

Pros:
Cheap books: Books are much cheaper. About AUD$8 compared to instore prices of 20-30.
Availability: Book stores in Australia just keep closing. Its getting almost near impossible to find any books. Having the Amazon store kind of takes care of that. I am also incredibly impatient so being able to get any book I want in seconds is killer.
No more heavy books: In makes a difference when you don't have to lug a massive volume on the bus, or even laying in bed is just a pleasure.
Sharing: You can still share. There is a loaning service where you can pass books to other kindle accounts.
Syncing: You can have your books and bookmarks sync across your mobile devices and even your browser. Chrome has a Kindle app (Great for light reading in your lunch break).

Cons:
Damn Law: Since each country is bound by its own copyright law means that not all the books are going to be available. 
Flicking: Reference books are a problem or any time you need to quickly flick. 

Wrap: Kindle it, its worth the minimal $200 or so. And get yourself a case with a light. Win.

Buy a Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment