Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Going Minimalistic


I have been going through a phase of a certain amount of de-teching. It's in an effort to clear some mental space for me to concentrate on my art.
I am a tech guy so still want my gadgets and my tech, so maybe the best way is to hide the stuff you don't need. I started with my phone. I removed all the apps that I don't use and the ones that distracted me. That means goodbye facebook and angry birds.

Second I streamlined my browser. A great tool for that is chrome extensions.

Minimalistic for gmail removes all unessential info including ads. A great help.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/oddhbkghjoccbljmagcgoklbfdjeiinb?hl=en

Minimalistic for facebook does much the same.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ahmiiblnmmnijkhboligioinfchkeagi?hl=en

I also removed a lot of peoples posts from my facebook wall. This streamlined my wall to things I wanted to see. Minimalist for facebook can also help with this.

As a whole I feel much less stressed. There is a lot of information out there and some of these tools can help you see only what you want. My suggestion is for everyone to give this a go.

Would anyone like to see a post about destressing and refocusing? I have some things that have really helped me lately and wouldn't mind sharing if people are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment